- Women in STEMM Australia, in partnership with The Social Science and Think Inc., is giving away free tickets in Adelaide, Melbourne and Sydney (together valued at >$26,000) to the upcoming 2019 Australian Tour: ‘Jane Goodall: Rewind the Future’ presented by Think Inc. and the Jane Goodall Institute Australia.
- These tickets will be given to individuals who self-identify as a girl or young woman interested in STEMM aged 18 years or under.
- The competition is entitled ‘MY #STEMMBFF’ and it will run as a social media campaign using the tour hashtag #ThinkGoodall and the competition identifier #STEMMBFF.
- The campaign begins on International Women’s Day (Friday, 8th March 2019).
- Entrants are asked to post a photo or a selfie with their #STEMMBFF. The STEMMBFF can be anyone of any gender – a friend, parent, teacher, mentor – someone who inspires and empowers them.
- The #STEMMBFF and the entrant will each receive a free ticket and together attend the same session of the #ThinkGoodall show in the same city and time.
- This photo/selfie can be posted on Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn and must tag Women in STEMM Australia.
- ELIGIBILITY – each entrant MUST FULFIL the following criteria at the time of their post to enter the draw:
- Self-identify as girl or young woman and is aged 18 years or under
- Include both of the hashtags #ThinkGoodall and #STEMMBFF in their post
- Include the entrant’s own description of why the person they are with is their #STEMMBFF and how that person inspires and empowers them in STEMM in the post.
- Include which city the entrant would like to attend the show (e.g., MEL, SYD, ADL) in their post.
- The entrant must tag the appropriate Women in STEMM Australia social media handle in their post and follow one of the relevant Women in STEMM Australia social media channels (Twitter @womensciaust; Facebook @womeninscienceaustralia; LinkedIn Women in STEMM Australia).
Terms and Conditions:
- If the entrants’ post fulfils the outlined criteria, then the entry will be considered valid.
- Entrants are encouraged to get permission from a parent/guardian prior to participating. For students without internet or a computer at home, we encourage school libraries and science teachers to support their participation to ensure fair access to all.
- The complete prize(s) include a total of 250 tickets (150 in Adelaide, 50 in Melbourne and 50 in Sydney).
- Judges’ choice of winners is final.
- The competition opens at 9:00 AM AEDT on Friday, 8th March 2019, and closes at 11:59 PM AEDT on Friday the 22nd of March.
- Winners will be notified by social media messaging on or before the 31st March 2019.
Official Social Media Channels for Women in STEMM Australia:
- The Judges for this contest will be the Women in STEMM Australia CEO, The Social Science Director and Think Inc Director for the #ThinkGoodall tour.
- The winners of the competition will be selected by the Judging Panel:
- Selection will consider the quality of the story/post
- Selections will include all girls and women in STEMM, including entrants from diverse and underrepresented backgrounds
- A minimum of 25 pairs of tickets will be allocated for this selection method
- The monitoring and reporting for the competition will be completed by our partner organisation The Social Science. They will locate the entries through social media monitoring of the respective hashtags and add them to the draw.
- Once the winners are selected, they will be notified through social media messaging. and invited to submit their contact details for ticket distribution. Women in STEMM Australia and Think Inc. will organise the ticket transfer.
Partners sponsoring this initiative: