Access to and use of this site is provided by Women in STEMM Australia (ABN 5217 569 2374; also “us”, “we” and “our”) on the following conditions and according to any other directions or rules of use on this site (“Terms”).
If you access this site (other than to read these Terms for the first time), you agree to these Terms. If you do not agree to these Terms, you should not review information on this site.
We reserve the right to change the Terms at any time by posting changes on-line. You are responsible for informing yourself of any changes by regularly reviewing these pages. If you access the site after changes are posted, you agree to all changes (including those which you are then unaware have been posted).
Disclaimers, liability limitation and indemnity
Use of this site is at your risk. None of us, our affiliates or any of our or their respective directors, officers, employees, agents, contributors, third party content providers or licensors:
- makes any express or implied representation or warranty about, or
- shall be liable, in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise, for any direct, indirect, special or consequential loss, damages or reliance in connection with, this site, its use, its content or any products or services (including our products or services) referred to on this site.
This includes (but is not restricted to) loss or damage you might suffer as a result of any of the following:
- your reliance on the completeness, accuracy, suitability or currency of the site or its content (including third party material and advertisements on this site), irrespective of any verifying measures taken by us. This site is designed for general interest only. It is not advice and you should not rely on it.
- failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, failure to correct defects, delay in operation or transmission, computer virus or other harmful component, loss of data, communication line failure, unlawful third party conduct, or theft, destruction, alteration or unauthorised access to records.
- accessing any sites or servers maintained by other organisations through links on this site. Links are provided for the convenience of our site users only and without responsibility for the content or operation of those sites. Unless otherwise stated, linked sites and their products and services are not endorsed by us and your linking to any such site is at your own risk.
- the provision of credit card or other financial information, the failure to complete (or delay in completing) any transaction, or other loss or damage arising from any e-commerce transacted or attempted to be transacted on this site.
- defamatory, threatening, offensive or unlawful conduct of third parties or our publication of any materials relating to or constituting such conduct.
Opinions and Views
The opinions and views expressed on this site are those of the relevant contributors and authors. Women in STEMM Australia does not necessarily share the opinions and/or views expressed by contributors and authors.
No advice given
If you require specific advice for your individual circumstances, consult an appropriate expert directly. Do not rely on the general material on this site. We will endeavour to assist you if you specifically inquire about matters in which we have expertise, but cannot accept any responsibility for doing this.
Exclusion of implied warranties
To the maximum extent permitted by law, we exclude all warranties by us that otherwise would be implied in any transactions for the supply by us of products or services offered on this site (including warranties of satisfactory quality, merchantability and fitness for purpose).
Continued site availability and access
We do not warrant that we will continue to make this site available generally or at all and reserve the right at any time to impose or increase fees for your future access to any material appearing on this site. We reserve the right at any time to alter the site in such a way as to change the equipment needed by you to access or use the site or any part of it.
Limitation of our liability (if any) to you
Our total liability to you (if any) for loss, damage or reliance shall be limited to:
- in the case of information or services supplied or offered by us – the re-supply of the information or services.
You indemnify us, our affiliates and our respective employees, agents, contributors, third party content providers and licensors from and against all actions, suits, claims, demands, liabilities, costs, expenses, loss and damage (including legal fees on a full indemnity basis) incurred or suffered by you or by us as a direct or indirect consequence of:
- your accessing, using or transacting on this site or your attempts to do so (except for our costs of making this site available to you that you have not agreed to meet); and
- any breach by you or your agents of the Terms.
Rights we cannot exclude, limit or disclaim
This disclaimer, liability limitation and indemnity does not exclude any rights which by law may not be excluded.
Women in STEMM Australia collects personal information about our subscribers and only for the purposes of adding them to our subscription list or obtaining their feedback via our forms or surveys. That information is limited to a name, email address and other preferences that the subscriber may volunteer. We collect only the information supplied by the subscriber.
Women in STEMM Australia is incorporated in Australia (ABN 5217 569 2374) and facilitates connections and engagement opportunities and related activities “Activities” to organisations “Organisations” and/or individual users “Users” and our registered members “Members” to which we provide access to our website “Site” and Activities via womeninscienceaust.org.
Women in STEMM Australia provides Activities in Australia. Where our Site links to third party applications or websites, the privacy policies of those third parties apply. You should consider those policies when using those websites and applications.
Information storage and security
Our database of subscribers are stored on our office computers. These are password coded and no copies are made by us for any purpose other than as above. We do not disclose any information about our readers to any third party in the normal course of our activities. We do not allow this information to be accessed by any other entities. We would only do so if required to by law.
We are committed to ensuring that the information you provide is appropriately managed and make reasonable efforts to ensure a level of security appropriate to the risk associated with its collection, use, storage, and disclosure.
To limit the risk of unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place physical, technical and organisational procedures to safeguard and secure the information and protect it from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
No information transmitted over the Internet can be guaranteed to be secure. We cannot guarantee the security of any information that you transmit to us, or receive from us. The transmission and exchange of information is carried out at your own risk.
When we no longer require your personal information we will ensure it is destroyed or deidentified. We retain your personal information as long as we are providing access to our Site and Activities to you, and for six months after we cease providing our Sites and Activities to you. After this, we delete your personal information provided that we are not required, for legal or regulatory compliance reasons, to retain it.
We may retain deidentified information for longer periods of time to comply with our tax, accounting, financial reporting obligations and other business reporting. Where we retain such data, we do so in accordance with any limitation periods and records retention obligations that are imposed by applicable law.
Amendents to this policy
If you believe that we have breached our obligations under applicable privacy laws and wish to contact us to provide feedback about that breach, please contact us by email setting out details. We will investigate your complaint and respond to you in writing setting out the outcome of our investigation, the steps we propose to take to remedy the breach and any other action we will take to deal with your complaint.
Access and consent
Any person about whom we hold information is able to view, correct or update that information by contacting us.
Where the processing of your personal information is based on your previously given consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. In particular if you have previously agreed to receive correspondence from us, you can opt out by contacting us.
Women in STEMM Australia
ABN 5217 569 2374